The Jordan Pass: Your Passport to Adventure in Jordan
Are you planning a trip to Jordan and wondering whether to purchase a tourist visa or the Jordan Pass? Look no further because the Jordan Pass is your passport to adventure in this beautiful country! It includes your visa to enter Jordan and grants you free entry to over 40 of the top attractions, including the magnificent Petra. This blog post will review the Jordan Pass and help you decide if it is worth buying on your next visit to Jordan. Get ready for an adventure like no other!
Overview of The Jordan Pass
The Jordan Pass is a discount program that combines a tourist visa with free entry to over 40 tourist sites and attractions nationwide. It is provided by the Jordan Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities and is available only if you plan to spend over three nights in Jordan.
The Jordan Pass has three options: Jordan Wanderer, Jordan Explorer, and Jordan Expert. Each includes free one-time entry to 40 attractions in the country, such as Petra, Amman Citadel, Jerash, Wadi Rum, and others. Additionally, the pass includes waiving your tourist-entry visa fees if you are eligible for a visa-on-arrival in Jordan.
The purchase price of the Jordan Pass starts from £80/$106 to £91/$113, depending on how many days you want to spend in Petra. The pass is a PDF document you can print and keep on your phone. The document includes your details and a QR code scanner on arrival in Jordan and at all the attractions.
It is important to have a few copies with you so that you can always use the card. Once you have scanned it at the airport, it will automatically expire after two weeks. You can use the pass for up to 12 months following your date of purchase, but the included attraction entry fees are valid only for two weeks.
The Jordan Pass is a great investment for travellers planning to spend more than three days in Jordan. With a single purchase, you can get your tourist visa and save money on entry fees to some of the most famous attractions in the country. The convenience and cost-efficiency of the pass, alongside the free access to over 40 attractions, make it a fantastic way to explore the best of Jordan. 
Importance of having a Jordan Pass when visiting Jordan
Getting a Jordan Pass is a smart move when planning a trip to Jordan. Here’s why:
1. Waived Visa Fees: With the Jordan Pass, your tourist entry visa fees will be waived if you plan to stay in Jordan for at least three nights. That means you won’t have to pay the usual 40 JDs (Jordanian Dinars) fee that applies to most tourists.
2. Free Access to Attractions: The Jordan Pass also gives you access to over 40 attractions in Jordan, including Petra, Wadi Rum, Jerash, and more. This can save you a lot of money, especially if you plan on visiting several places during your trip.
3. Convenience: Having a Jordan Pass means you won’t have to stand in line to purchase tickets at each attraction. Plus, you won’t have to worry about carrying cash to pay entrance fees.
4. Cost-Efficiency: The Jordan Pass can be a cost-effective option depending on how many days you plan to spend in Jordan and which pass you choose. For instance, the Jordan Explorer pass (which includes two days in Petra) costs around $105, while a single-day Petra ticket costs about $70.
5. One-Time Purchase: Buying a Jordan Pass means you won’t have to worry about purchasing tickets for each attraction separately. Plus, it’s valid for up to 12 months after purchase to plan your trip at your own pace.
Definition of Jordan Pass
The Pass is a sightseeing package provided by the Jordan Ministry of Tourism and Antiquities that bundles the cost and grants you access to over 40 attractions across the country. It can be best described as a combination of a tourist visa and an attractions pass. The pass provides free entry to over 40 tourist sites in Jordan, including famous landmarks like Petra, Jerash, and Amman Citadel, to name a few. The Jordan Pass comes in three different price tiers, depending on how long you want to spend in Petra.
The pass also waives the visa on arrival fees if you purchase it before entering the country and stay for at least three consecutive nights (4 days). Please note that the Jordan Pass is not the same as a visa as it only waives the visa on arrival fees, not the cost. You have to purchase the pass in advance to get the benefits of free visa fees and entrance to attractions.
The pass is valid for up to 12 months from the date of purchase, but it will expire after two weeks once you've scanned it at the airport. The Jordan Pass comes in a PDF document format that you can print off or keep on your phone. The document contains your details and a QR code, which you'll need to scan on arrival in Jordan and at all the attractions included in the pass.
Overall, the Jordan Pass is an excellent way to save time and money travelling independently in Jordan, especially if you plan to explore multiple attractions in the country. With the Jordan Pass, you can skip the long lines and enjoy free entry to all the attractions included in the pass. It is worth considering if you're planning to visit Jordan soon. 
Benefits of having a Jordan Pass
If you plan to visit Jordan, consider purchasing the Jordan Pass. The Pass provides numerous benefits, making your trip as streamlined and cost-efficient as possible. Here are some of the benefits of having a Jordan Pass:
1. Free entry to over 40 tourist attractions – With the Jordan Pass, you can gain free entry to more than 40 attractions, including Petra, Aljoun Castle, Wadi Rum, and more. This is a great way to save money and make the most of your trip.
2. Waived entry visa fees – If you buy the Jordan Pass before arriving in Jordan and stay for more than three nights, you can waive your entry visa fees waived (for eligible nationalities). This saves you the hassle of going through the visa application process and also saves you money.
3. Fast-track entry to select tourist sites – The Jordan Pass allows you to skip the ticketing line and enjoy fast-track entry at certain sites. This is incredibly convenient, especially during peak tourist season when lines can be long.
4. Digital convenience – The Jordan Pass is entirely digital, so you don't have to worry about losing a physical ticket. You can access the pass on your phone or print it out at your convenience.
5. Convenience when travelling – With the Jordan Pass, you don't have to worry about carrying cash to pay for each attraction. You can show your pass at the entrance and walk right in.
Overall, the Jordan Pass is a great way to save time and money while exploring Jordan's many wonderful attractions. By providing free entry and waived visa fees, the Pass helps make your trip as enjoyable and convenient as possible. 
Types of Jordan Pass options available
When visiting Jordan and making the most out of all its amazing attractions, the Jordan Pass is the easiest and most cost-effective way. The Jordan Pass is available in three types that cater to different visits. Here are the details of the different types of Jordan Pass options available:
1. Jordan Wanderer Package: This package is ideal for travellers who plan to stay in Jordan for one to two days. The price for this package is around 70 JD. With this package, you get free entry to over 40 attractions in Jordan, including the famous Petra, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
2. Jordan Explorer Package: This package suits travellers who plan to stay in Jordan for three days. It will cost you around 75 JD. This package also offers free entry to more than 40 attractions in Jordan. Plus, you get the added advantage of waiving of tourist entry visa fees if you purchase the Jordan Pass before arrival to Jordan and stay a minimum of three nights (4 days).
3. Jordan Expert Package: If you love history and culture and plan to stay in Jordan for four days or more, then the Jordan Expert Package is perfect for you. It costs around 80 JD. The Jordan Expert package includes free entry to over 40 attractions in Jordan. Moreover, by purchasing this package, you are eligible for a free tourist visa if you stay at least three nights.
The Jordan Pass is an easy and convenient way to explore all Jordan offers. With the different types of passes available, you can choose the one that suits your itinerary and budget the best. Don't forget; the unique passport truly is your gateway to adventure! 
The application process for Jordan Pass
Applying for a Jordan Pass is a quick and straightforward process that can save you up to 150 USD in visa fees and entrance fees for tourist sites. Here are some things to keep in mind before applying for your Jordan Pass:
- Requirements: To be eligible for a Jordan Pass, you must have a valid passport for at least six months, be staying in Jordan for three nights or more than four consecutive days, and have a credit card or debit card for online payment.
- Application Process: To apply for a Jordan Pass, complete the online form with your details and travel information. Three ticket types are available at different price points: the Jordan Wanderer, the Jordan Explorer, and the Jordan Expert packages. Choose the package that best fits your travel plans and budget. You can also add extra tickets for sites not included in the package.
- Payment: Once you have filled out the form, click on the "Proceed to Payment" button at the bottom of the page. Here, you will pay for the whole package using your credit or debit card.
- Receiving Your Jordan Pass: Once you have paid for your package, you will receive your Jordan Pass in PDF format via email. Keep this digital ticket on your smartphone and present it at the entrance to each attraction included in the package.
Remember that the Jordan Pass is only valid for a single visit, and you must use it to get a single entry visa fee exempted. You must pay the necessary visa fees if you wish to enter the country multiple times. 
Eligibility for the Jordan Pass
Regarding eligibility for the Jordan Pass, there are a few important factors to consider. Firstly, it's important to note that the Jordan Pass is not a visa. Rather, it waives the visa fees for tourists who stay in the country for at least 3 whole nights (4 days). With this in mind, ensuring that your travel plans meet this minimum requirement to be eligible for the Jordan Pass is important.
Additionally, not all travellers are eligible for the Jordan Pass. Specifically, people who hold Arabic nationalities are not eligible for the pass and must pay attraction fees like Jordanians. However, they can still enter attractions by showing a valid ID at each location. Regarding countries eligible for the Jordan Pass, there are no restrictions on which countries can apply for the pass, making it a viable option for tourists from around the world.
Overall, as long as your travel plans meet the minimum requirements and you are not a citizen of an Arabic nationality, you should be eligible for the Jordan Pass. With this pass, you can enjoy the convenience and cost-efficiency of free access to over 40 attractions in Jordan, making it an excellent investment for any tourist looking to explore the country's rich cultural history and breathtaking natural landscapes. 
Countries eligible for the Jordan Pass
The Jordan Pass is a great way to enjoy all Jordan offers without any hassle. It provides free access to over 40 of the country's top tourist attractions and includes the cost of your tourist entry visa. The good news is that the Jordan Pass is available to visitors from most countries worldwide.
Here are some facts about the eligibility of the Jordan Pass:
- Visitors from 78 countries are eligible for the Jordan Pass, including the United States, Canada, and most European countries.
- Visitors from neighbouring countries such as Egypt, Saudi Arabia, and Syria are also eligible for the pass.
- Visitors from Afghanistan, Iraq, and Somalia are not eligible for the Jordan Pass.
It is important to note that the Jordan Pass is not a visa but can waive the visa fees if you stay for a minimum of 3 consecutive nights in Jordan. Additionally, people of Arabic nationality do not need the Jordan Pass, but they still need to pay the entrance fees at each attraction.
To enjoy the convenience and cost-efficiency of the Jordan Pass, visitors should check the list of eligible countries and purchase the pass before their arrival to Jordan. Once purchased, the pass will be emailed to them as a pdf version and an image, which they should show printed out to the passport officer at each attraction. With the Jordan Pass, visitors can enjoy a hassle-free adventure in Jordan and make the most of their trip without any worries. 
Convenience and cost-efficiency of Jordan Pass
The Pass is a game-changer for travellers who want a hassle-free adventure in Jordan. Besides the ease of having a single ticket for over 40 attractions, the pass is cost-efficient too. Here’s why:
- It waives the visa fees for travellers staying at least three consecutive nights. This means you save the 40 JDs fee that would otherwise be charged at the airport or border crossing.
- The pass covers entry fees to many government-owned attractions, including Petra, Jerash, and Wadi Rum. These top tourist spots in Jordan usually charge high admission fees, making the pass more affordable.
- You can buy the pass online before you arrive in Jordan, saving you time and hassle. You’ll receive a downloadable pass via email, which you can present at the entry gates. You won’t have to buy separate tickets at each site to skip the long queues.
- The pass is available in packages that suit travel needs and budgets. You can choose between the one-day, two-day, or three-day pass, depending on how long you plan to stay in Jordan and how many sites you want to visit.
- Children under 12 can enter all the Jordan Pass sites for free when accompanied by their parents. This makes the pass an ideal option for families with kids.
The Jordan Pass is a convenient and cost-saving option for travellers exploring Jordan’s diverse attractions without breaking the bank. With its easy application process, varied packages, and free access to over 40 attractions, the pass is a must-have for any traveller visiting Jordan for adventure and exploration. 
Free access to over 40 attractions in Jordan.
One of the biggest benefits of having a Jordan Pass is the free access to over 40 tourist sites in Jordan. This includes iconic attractions such as Petra, Wadi Rum, Amman Citadel, Karak Castle, and more. With a single ticket, you can explore this beautiful country's rich history and culture without worrying about additional entrance fees.
The Jordan Pass has three options, depending on the days you want to spend in Petra. The Jordan Wanderer pass, for instance, allows you to enter Petra and visit 40 other sites in Jordan, plus get a visa to enter the country. The Jordan Explorer and Jordan Expert pass offer two and three consecutive entries to Petra, respectively.
Once you purchase the Jordan Pass, you can easily visit all the included sites simply by showing your paper ticket or QR code on your phone. The only exception is Petra By Night, which requires a separate ticket.
Moreover, the cost of the Jordan Pass includes visa fees for tourists who spend a minimum of three nights in Jordan. By purchasing the pass ahead of time, you can bypass the visa on-arrival fees and enter the country hassle-free.
The Jordan Pass is a convenient and cost-efficient way to explore the best of Jordan's tourist sites without breaking the bank. So, if you're planning a trip to this beautiful country, consider getting a Jordan Pass for free access to over 40 attractions.